After helping the family host a circus party for my niece’s 1st birthday , I’ve realised – I should of started my Healthy Living Lifestyle Regime last week!
It took painting my face a whiter white to realise I was starting to store fat in my unknown second chin. That, and I couldn’t mime as well as I wanted. My inactive habits of the past 2 months proved that my body became accustomed to sitting and sleeping. I could put the blame on work, uni, the winter darkness, and trying to divert more of my time on getting stuff done for this party but it wouldn’t be right – the truth is – I’ve just been a lazy bugger! It’s not just the physical either. I’ve been mentally lazy too! Then I get stressed because I haven’t done anything. I’m a hazard to myself hehe. The way I’m going, procrastation will be the death of me.
The top excuses I’m currently using:
- “I’ll wait for daylight savings to kick in – too dangerous to go running in the dark” LOL … daylight savings was last week and still – nothing!
- “I’ll study at home instead of at uni so I’m not travelling too late at night to get home.” I’ve never cared what time I got home before … I don’t understand why I’ve started now?! (I don’t even study at home – I eat then sleep… productivity down the drain!!)
- “I’ll take a nap and then I’ll start on my homework” Who takes a nap knowing that bedtime is the next thing scheduled – deluded moments 😛
- Thought Cycle “Study … I should really start my new blog …study first … (repeat endlessly)” OR “I should just start my new blog to get the ball rolling … hmm study first … but I feel like writing, let’s start that blog … (repeat endlessly)” … and I wonder why I don’t get anything done hehe
- “How much is it going to cost me to take up that activity?” LOL … it’s free if I actually be my resourceful self and action the alternatives – there’s always another way!
- “I’m broke at the moment, I shouldn’t be splurging on dance classes” – then I buy food ALL THE TIME! hehehe … especially doritos and ice cream – what ever happened to wiser spending my friend!
- thought process “what if I don’t like it?” or “Would so and so (mother) be upset with me again?” umm … completely not my thing so defintely a sign that something’s up! Believe it or not, mother worries but understands I love being free and independent – it’s just me putting restrictions on myself.
So yes, I’ve realised that the only reason I haven’t been ‘living the dream’ is because I’ve been too busy making excuses.
SO ! …
screw it, just do it!!
no excuses, no regrets!
(I realise now that I am putting study off by dwelling over this post hehehe – I’m out!)